Sunday, May 11, 2008

The State Farm claim

In a prior post I had detailed getting rear ended by a State Farm insured.

Their initial customer service was less than enjoyable, leaving me to wonder if the claim would ever get underway.

However, I did receive a phone call that they accepted full responsibility. My car went to a highly respected body shop for inspection (my choice). The damage, particularly underneath the vehicle, was tremendous. State Farm could not decide whether to fix or total the vehicle. It was a very close call.

After a couple weeks, they elected to fix it. Then the process of ordering parts, waiting and fixing began. Immediately, State Farm gave the clearance for a rental car through Enterprise - a Dodge Charger. A fun vehicle to drive but that gas mileage was not great.

My car was in the body shop for over 50 days. YES - over fifty days! That was not the fault of State Farm though, except for the initial time period as they debated to fix or not.

I went to a holistic Chiropractor and he helped my neck and back immensely. My daughter also received treatments. We paid out of pocket and State Farm reimbursed us. The claims adjuster, though hard to reach at times, did a fine job.

If you ever have a claim, understand those adjusters are juggling multiple claims simultaneously and probably not hard to reach on purpose. It's a job that takes the right person to do well.

We are back on track, the Jeep is fixed and running fine, and everyone is getting their health back.

Arizona Insurance Agent
Arizona Insurance Company
Arizona Insurance Broker